Experts believe that good nutrition is the key to successful medical weight loss. It not only helps lose weight but also improves your health and provides much needed energy to workout and lose the desired amount of weight for good health. There are over hundred benefits of good nutrition, so a proper diet that gives your body the required nutrients to function and reduce weight.
Once you begin eating right, you will see improvement in your cholesterol and blood pressure levels. If you choose a reliable weight loss clinic, the experts will offer the right medical weight loss program, to help you lose the desired amount of weight. Experts believe that it is more about eating right than following extreme routines to lose weight. What you consume on a daily basis, matters a lot. Most of the times, people think you can eat whatever and lose weight at the same time. This is a misconception since your calorie intake must be burned off and balanced.
Many try crash diet at one point of their life, because many lack the patience to lose weight in the right way and get stuck in a vicious cycle of harmful weight loss or weight gain. Some nutritionists will ask you to avoid certain food while others might ask you to eat them more often. Diet plans vary from one medical expert to the other, but most weight loss clinics work on finding the best solution for the patient. A good medical weight loss and management session include nutrition practices and good physical activities to boost weight loss.
Did you know the three principles of nutrition? Balance, variety, and moderation.
Add a variety of food to your diet. Make sure they are from the five major groups of food. Remember that there is no one food that can supply you with all the nutrients that your body needs. A balanced diet plays the best role in a medical weight loss program, because it offers the required amount of nutrients and calories that your body requires.
Serving sizes of food differ from individual to individual based on their gender, age and activities they perform in a day. Most people think that dieting means depriving themselves of their favorite dishes, but choosing particular food in the right amount is the key to a successful weight loss.
Here are some guidelines that will help you carry out a successful medical weight loss program:
- Don’t set unrealistic goals which are impossible to meet. They will demotivate you at some point. Aim for 10% body reduction in the first six months and keep following the diet for at least a year.
- Keep a track of your eating habits for at least one or two weeks. Note it down in your food journal, so that your nutritionist can refer it whenever needed. They will analyze your eating habits, how much you eat in a day, where you eat your meals, why you eat a certain type of food, what type of mood triggers a particular food craving etc.
- If 2000 kcal/day or more is your usual diet, then you will have to reduce your calorie intake by 500 – 1000 kcal/day to boost a healthy and safe weight loss of at least 1- 2 pounds a week. Remember that dieting doesn’t mean starving yourself. Avoid rapid weight loss through crash diets because they have many side effects.
- Hire a dietitian who can plan your meals so you get to eat food from all the six main food groups.
- When you go shopping, have the habit of reading the nutrition facts on food labels. Give attention to the section that mentions fat, carbohydrates, and sodium content. If you are a suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular or related diseases, make sure to read all the facts carefully, because you do not want to risk your life.
- Your dietitian will ask you to opt for protein sources from plants and lean meat. While shopping, pick the white beef and not the dark beef because white has less fat compared to the dark one.
- Make sure that your meals are rich in soluble fiber which includes oat bran, legumes, barley along with fruits and vegetables. Experts believe that an individual should eat at least 20 to 35 grams of fiber every day.
- Keep an eye on the serving sizes and avoid overeating at any point of the day.
- Switch to healthy recipes that do not involve use of sugar, sodium, and fat.
- Whenever you plan to eat outside, make sure to eat in moderation.
- Drink at least 8 -10 oz. of water or juices.
- Control your consumption of alcohol because it increases empty calories.
These are a few points that you want to consider to effectively reduce weight. Once you start eating good food, you are likely to see amazing changes in our body. Follow the diet plan regularly and lose weight while improving overall health. You will feel more energetic than before, because your body switches to a healthier and stronger version. Here is a list of changes that you will experience after switching to a healthy diet:
- Balances the blood pressure levels in your body
- Helps control the blood glucose for people suffering from Type II Diabetes
- Helps fight issues like cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein and boost good cholesterol
- Increases your body’s energy
- Rise in your self–esteem
Improve your eating habits and avoid foods that harm your health. You can eat your favorite food but make sure to control your proportions. Anything in abundance is bad for health. Don’t think it’s late to start a diet now because it’s better late than never.
The sooner you make up your mind, the better and easier it is for you to lose weight. You can also fix an appointment at a weight loss clinic in Chicago, to get expert guidance on your weight loss journey.